viernes, 27 de junio de 2014

6/27/2014

We walked to the temple this morning.  It took a while because we got a little lost and had to get directions 3 times.  We finally got there and I felt so much better, seeing something that I recognize and think of as a safe place.  Where we are staying is nowhere near the living situation I was in.  The neighborhood is safe enough though, and we were fine walking to the temple.

We went to see Nancy Rappleye because I miss her and love her and also everyone was hot and thirsty.  She lives right next to the temple so it wasn't difficult at all.  We walked in her apartment and everyone got hugs and glasses of ice water.  She's wonderful.  I miss and I think I will always love the people I lived in the DR with because we became really close during that time.

When we got back we got lunch at a local comedor and then headed to Playa Juan Dolio.  We played in the water and found a sea urchin and had a generally good time.  Tomorrow we're headed to Playa Caribe in the morning and a meet and greet with the students and parents in the afternoon.  Should be good.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario