domingo, 21 de noviembre de 2010

Things I hate about the Dominican Republic
  • Everything is disorganized
  • No one follows traffic laws
  • Police don't follow traffic laws
  • It takes forever to get anywhere
  • People speak Spanish and I sometimes can't understand them
  • Trying to speak/understand Spanish gives me a headache
  • Some of my teachers won't speak English during class
  • Boys speaking in Spanish next to me and I think they are saying bad things about me although I can't be sure
  • Having to be around rich Dominicans during school
  • My hair is always frizzy and/or puffy
  • Men always wolf whistling and/or checking me out when I am being innocent and minding my own business
  • Drunk people
  • People on the street begging me for money while I sit in my big fancy car eating pizza hut
  • I can't go out of my house by myself
  • It's always hot, never cold
  • It's always humid
  • I have to wear a uniform to school
  • Stupid rich Dominicans who think they are better than everyone else
  • Rich Dominicans who have never had to work a day in their life
  • Poor Dominicans who make me feel like I am selfish and rich
  • This country is very dirty
  • Beer bottles all over the streets
  • It feels like I am just sitting here in this country, waiting to go back to the U.S. so that my real life can start again
Things I love about the Dominican Republic
  • People kiss each other on the cheek when they greet each other.  It's very warm and inviting
  • It's always hot, never very cold
  • Dominicans are very friendly
  • I have to wear a uniform to school.  Makes getting ready so much easier
  • I speak Spanish
  • My sister is my best friend
  • My skin is never dry
  • The American Embassy-if it wasn't for them I would have no friends
  • The other countries' embassies too- they also have some pretty decent kids
  • I am taller than everyone
  • I get to be on the school's varsity basketball team even though I have zero basketball skills

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario