lunes, 7 de julio de 2014

happy

I've just been very happy lately.  I love getting up in the morning, well rested and healthy, and going to teach my students.  I love working for something that I believe will have a positive impact on someone.  I like building up these kids' self-esteem and trying to bring out the creativity in them.  It's great. It's the middle of the Dominican summer and I don't have air conditioning.  I'm hot, sweaty, and kind of dirty, but I'm really happy.  

I woke up this morning at about 7:30 and went up to the rooftop of the apartment building to do yoga with some people who came on this trip with me.  We did sun salutations and a  bunch of fun poses.  It was really rejuvenating and refreshing.  We left for school around 11, and when we got there we started a game of basketball.  When the kids got out of class they came and joined us for a bit.  We had rice and beans for lunch, with pineapple and salad.  Our lesson was about circuits and we had the students build circuits using schematic drawings.  It was good and the students seemed to learn a lot and have some fun today.  

After school we all packed up and went to Torre del Sol, my old apartment building, to swim.  The Taylors sent down Savannah and Sarah to swim with us, and we all had a good time playing and swimming with them.  We definitely had more fun with them around than we would have had by ourselves. 

I'm tuckered out, and ready to go to sleep.  I've got yoga again tomorrow, and then lesson planning.   

2 comentarios:

  1. Sounds like you are having such a good time. I love stretching and yoga! So nice to feel that centered feeling. ;) Good for you!

    ResponderEliminar