jueves, 19 de febrero de 2015

In which I publicly vent my frustration.

So let me start out by saying I have great roommates.  They're nice.  They're kind.  They've never said anything rude to me or been angry with me.  They're wonderful people.

But

There is one thing that drives me crazy.

We have a white board on our fridge, with a marker attached.  Our kitchen isn't the cleanest thing in the world, but it gets cleaned regularly and it's hygienic enough to cook in.  But constantly there is a new message from somebody saying "please clean up your messes" or " do your dishes" or "have everything cleaned up by 5:30 tonight or else I am hiring a hit man to come kill you all in your beds :)  Love you!!"

It drives me crazy.  Just for the record, I am not the one that makes a mess.  I wash my dishes within an hour of using them and I wipe off the counters every day.

I'm sure the person who writes these messages is doing it with the best intentions, but it makes me feel like I am constantly under surveillance and I'm being judged for what I do.  Can't we live in our apartment peacefully without somebody constantly telling us what to do? I don't like it.

That's it.  I'm just grumpy about it and wanted to vent.

3 comentarios:

  1. Well that's just frustrating! I can remember feeling the same way about my roommates. And the one who was always leaving notes around for us to clean up had 6 strands of Christmas lights strung around her bedroom that she never turned off. The problem? We split the power bill 3 ways and even though I bit my tongue and never said it, I did not think it was fair. Ugh. Girls are not easy to live with.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You should write similar but ridiculous requests on the board. For example: "Please make sure all breakfast tacos are prepared and served to me by 8AM". Or: "All hiking to the Y must occur by the 2nd Saturday of the month or I will buy 2 llamas and let them sleep in your bedroom." And: "All mariachi music must be played until at least midnight." Also: "Brush your teeth." And finally, "I am tired of finding mice droppings throughout the apartment. Keep your pet mouse in your room." (That last one will keep them on their toes!)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Thanks Alyson and Kierstin! I think I'll try your suggestions kik. It might be fun. you never know.

    ResponderEliminar