viernes, 16 de mayo de 2014

The three men I danced with

Tonight I went dancing at a local Latin club.  I brought some of my friends from church and was showing them how to dance Bachata and Merengue.

I learned how to dance in the DR when I was on vacation in Punta Cana.  I had always been fascinated by the way people danced at quinceaneras and at the parties I went to, so Mom arranged for a guy to come teach me how to dance.  It was so fun!  He taught me how to move my hips and show off for the people I'm dancing with.  I love dancing merengue and bachata, and I love feeling confident in my dancing.  Nobody expects a white girl to be able to dance like a Latina.

For some reason I get really bold and flirtatious when I go Latin Dancing.  As soon as we got there I started dancing and saw two guys who were just standing there.  Of course, being abnormally flirtatious I went and asked one of them to dance.  He didn't know how to dance, so I taught him the basics of bachata.  He was white and very tall and very awkward and shy, but it was fun teaching him how to dance.

The second guy I danced with asked me where I was from as soon as we started dancing.  When I go latin dancing I tell people I am from the Dominican Republic, so I told him.  He then told me that that's where his parents are from!  Interesting.

The third guy I danced with was a fantastic merenguero.  We didn't talk, we just spun around and around.  I love it when a man knows how to lead a dance. It's kind of magical being able to communicate without talking, just by following his lead.



1 comentario:

  1. I love that you love to dance. (!) Sounds like a super fun time! I'd totally love to watch you dance sometime, so you could show me how to do it. I love to dance too, only I don't really know how so I'm a little shy about it.

    ResponderEliminar